Cape Town Japanese
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cape Town Japanese

A community forum devoted to the study of the Japanese Language.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What are you doing, currently?

Go down 
+7
Nantalith
The|Ninja
ari
Fuyuko
Henri
haku
mikade
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
mikade

mikade

What are you doing, currently? Empty
PostSubject: What are you doing, currently?   What are you doing, currently? EmptyTue May 11, 2010 12:52 am

Consider this our very own twitter feed. What a Face

I'm sitting here, finishing up a pseudo drama / expressive arts poetry lesson for Grade 8. And getting ready for bed. Sleep

What are YOU doing?
Back to top Go down
haku

haku

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing, currently?   What are you doing, currently? EmptyTue May 11, 2010 12:22 pm

I'm currently working on an econometrics project using a 2-step Heckman estimation (damn you endogenous sample selection) to calculate the probability of being HIV positive. Yea..I'll maximise your liklihood function anyday What a Face
Back to top Go down
Henri

Henri

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing, currently?   What are you doing, currently? EmptyTue May 11, 2010 4:40 pm

Prepping for gym. With Cecile - mistress of the aching limbs.
Back to top Go down
Fuyuko

Fuyuko

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing, currently?   What are you doing, currently? EmptyTue May 11, 2010 8:11 pm

entering 'i' adjectives onto anki to help me remember.
Back to top Go down
mikade

mikade

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing, currently?   What are you doing, currently? EmptyWed May 12, 2010 12:57 am

Making a hot water bottle!
Back to top Go down
Fuyuko

Fuyuko

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing, currently?   What are you doing, currently? EmptyWed May 12, 2010 1:29 am

listening to the parlotones. yes i actually like them Smile
Back to top Go down
haku

haku

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing, currently?   What are you doing, currently? EmptyWed May 12, 2010 8:40 pm

Just finished my goddamn @!%*(&@#(*%& econometrics project
Back to top Go down
mikade

mikade

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing, currently?   What are you doing, currently? EmptyWed May 12, 2010 10:44 pm

Contemplating adding a reply to the advanced chat.
Back to top Go down
Henri

Henri

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing, currently?   What are you doing, currently? EmptyWed May 12, 2010 10:51 pm

That is getting awfully specific, no? Razz
Back to top Go down
Fuyuko

Fuyuko

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing, currently?   What are you doing, currently? EmptyWed May 12, 2010 11:41 pm

just watched amazing theatre tonight! wow!
Back to top Go down
mikade

mikade

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing, currently?   What are you doing, currently? EmptyThu May 13, 2010 12:07 am

ooh, I like theater! What did you go watch? Can you describe it?
Back to top Go down
Fuyuko

Fuyuko

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing, currently?   What are you doing, currently? EmptyThu May 13, 2010 1:03 am

yep, its called RUMPSTEAK, its a one-man show that centres around a restuarant. the actor is a mime actor, not mime like you see on the streets but uses mime gestures to portray characters. He was trained in france. very interesting and really awesome to watch, the whole show is in french. but you understand because of the mime gestures.
Back to top Go down
haku

haku

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing, currently?   What are you doing, currently? EmptyThu May 13, 2010 8:07 am

Hoping mikade decides to actually post in the advanced chat so I'm not all on my lonesome there cyclops
Back to top Go down
Fuyuko

Fuyuko

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing, currently?   What are you doing, currently? EmptyThu May 13, 2010 10:06 am

you could start there haku Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mikade

mikade

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing, currently?   What are you doing, currently? EmptyThu May 13, 2010 12:09 pm

No worries, I'll definitely post. Kanarazu. Just been a bit exhausted and sore. I had an hour dentist appointment on Tuesday and my jaws are still really sore. Got another hour one scheduled for today. pale

When I get over all of that, I'll definitely write up a reply. Although, if I'm feeling active, I'll just write one before I go, today.

Fuyuko-san, mime in theater is quite interesting. That sounds like a pretty cool production, too. My sister was one of a select few students accepted to a theater making course and studied theater for like 6 years. I remember, in her one production she used mime coupled with pretty minimalist surroundings to great effect. Think it was an adaptation of Pyro Protran, a South African story about the last man on earth. Pyro lives in this fort on the beach, where he is always fighting these giant crabs that want to break into his fort and eat him. Also, he's plagued by feminine hallucinations he calls the Janets (he carries around a large knife to deal with them). No matter how many times he kills them however, they always come back. Sounds quite random. lol! It was really good though. He spoke and had dialogues with hidden Janets, but his gun, some of the theater space, and most of the other props were all portrayed through mime.
Back to top Go down
haku

haku

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing, currently?   What are you doing, currently? EmptyThu May 13, 2010 7:57 pm

why does a tiny cut in your mouth feel like a burning hell of misery confused
Back to top Go down
mikade

mikade

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing, currently?   What are you doing, currently? EmptyFri May 14, 2010 12:00 pm

Busy freezing to death in my room. pale
It's definitely time for some coffee!
Back to top Go down
ari

ari

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing, currently?   What are you doing, currently? EmptyFri May 14, 2010 4:14 pm

Taking a break from reading English things...

...and thinking about what to wear to the Baxter tonight Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Fuyuko

Fuyuko

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing, currently?   What are you doing, currently? EmptySat May 15, 2010 1:12 am

oooh, what did you watch ari? did you go see Andrew Buckland? I've been meaning to watch one of his shows. His son is my favourite theatre actor in South Africa! They are very good at physical theatre Very Happy

I just had a really good evening:) Gourmet Burger's food is amazing. I had the Calamari Steak burger. Smile

I'm also happy about this Japanese movie my friend downloaded for me. So kind of him Razz Cant wait to watch it bounce
Back to top Go down
ari

ari

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing, currently?   What are you doing, currently? EmptySat May 15, 2010 2:23 pm

kyaa...I love theatre Very Happy my favourite productions are Lion King and Les Miserables!

right now I am reading a play: Euripides' 'Helen'.
Back to top Go down
haku

haku

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing, currently?   What are you doing, currently? EmptySat May 15, 2010 10:06 pm

I'm studying monetary policy
Back to top Go down
Fuyuko

Fuyuko

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing, currently?   What are you doing, currently? EmptySun May 16, 2010 1:36 am

@ Ari, my favourite theatre production is called, The Travellers. Its was devised 6 years ago and I was fortunate enough to see it 3 times. Once again, Daniel Buckland, my favourite theatre actor in South Africa, starred in it.
I have never seen a play so magical in my life. So simple but yet so captivating. Amazing stuff.

Sorry for this (probably) useless information about theatre. hehe.

Anyway, listening to Iron and Wine at the moment. I should actually sleep. But sleep is boring.
Back to top Go down
ari

ari

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing, currently?   What are you doing, currently? EmptySun May 16, 2010 11:23 am

@ Fuyuko, it's fine, useless information is usually interesting tongue

I have just woken up...how bad it that? I SO should be studying! But right now I am also listening to Iron & Wine and am contemplating what to eat for breakfast/lunch...

Ooo...just found out that I'm going out for pizza! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
The|Ninja

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing, currently?   What are you doing, currently? EmptyMon May 17, 2010 10:01 am

I am busy implementing a Libor Market Model. Arrow
Back to top Go down
mikade

mikade

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing, currently?   What are you doing, currently? EmptyMon May 17, 2010 5:21 pm

Eating cheese and ham snackwhich. Om nom nom.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing, currently?   What are you doing, currently? Empty

Back to top Go down

What are you doing, currently?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cape Town Japanese :: General :: General Discussion-
Jump to: