Cape Town Japanese
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cape Town Japanese

A community forum devoted to the study of the Japanese Language.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[Manga] Addicted to Curry

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Henri

Henri

[Manga] Addicted to Curry Empty
PostSubject: [Manga] Addicted to Curry   [Manga] Addicted to Curry EmptyTue May 11, 2010 4:35 pm

[Manga] Addicted to Curry Addictedtocurry01

Currently in its 32nd Volume, Addicted to Curry is a great manga that brings the joy of curry closer to you. Many chapters include the curry recipes that form part of the story of the chapter! Much love! Unfortunately only about 7 Volumes are scanlated to English at present, but additional chapters are added every few weeks.

Quote :
Synopsis from MangaTraders
Sonezaki Yui is in a quandary. Her family's curry shop, Ganesha, was failing for lack of customers, and now her father has disappeared, ostensibly on a quest to learn more about curry. With his absence, the shop is sure to fail. Then she comes across a drifter, Koenji Makito, who turns out to be an old acquaintance of her father. Makito persuades Yui to keep the store open, and proves to her that his skill at making curry is worth her trust. But powerful enemies lurk, waiting for a chance to destroy Ganesha.

Go get it at MangaTraders.com and enjoy getting addicted to kamisama's gift to cuisine Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mikade

mikade

PostSubject: Re: [Manga] Addicted to Curry   [Manga] Addicted to Curry EmptyWed May 12, 2010 1:01 am

A show all about curry? Wow, sounds weird, but cool. Reminds me a little of Yakitate Japan.
Back to top Go down
Henri

Henri

PostSubject: Re: [Manga] Addicted to Curry   [Manga] Addicted to Curry EmptyWed May 12, 2010 2:26 am

Well, to my knowledge it isn't animated (yet?) - but the manga is great. Yes, Yakitate Japan is in the same ballpark
Back to top Go down
haku

haku

PostSubject: Re: [Manga] Addicted to Curry   [Manga] Addicted to Curry EmptyWed May 12, 2010 9:09 pm

I quite like curry... some might say addicted. Cue Yakitate Japan joke.. "karee wa karai! karai wa nihongo no kotoba kara karee mo nihon no koto da! (raucous laughter).. rabbit
Back to top Go down
Henri

Henri

PostSubject: Re: [Manga] Addicted to Curry   [Manga] Addicted to Curry EmptyWed May 12, 2010 10:51 pm

I'm sure that Azuma Kazuma said that - but I don't remember what it means (nor can I figure it out from basic principles). I'm but a level 1!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [Manga] Addicted to Curry   [Manga] Addicted to Curry EmptyFri May 14, 2010 11:25 am

It's a play on words using karee (curry) and karai (spicy) to express the idea that because karai (hot/spicy) is a Japanese word, curry must be a Japanese thing, too. But it sounds funny because karee karai and kara all sound very similiar. Like puns.

... I think. lol!
Back to top Go down
mikade

mikade

PostSubject: Re: [Manga] Addicted to Curry   [Manga] Addicted to Curry EmptyFri May 14, 2010 11:57 am

Henri-san! I almost forgot: Don't forget to introduce yourself in our welcome thread. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Manga] Addicted to Curry   [Manga] Addicted to Curry Empty

Back to top Go down

[Manga] Addicted to Curry
Page 1 of 1