Cape Town Japanese
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cape Town Japanese

A community forum devoted to the study of the Japanese Language.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The place i have been looking for

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
The|Ninja

The place i have been looking for Empty
PostSubject: The place i have been looking for   The place i have been looking for EmptyFri May 14, 2010 4:26 pm

I have attended the lessons on uct campus for the last while, havent been back since this year though. i am working now, so i need other help in getting some japanese done.

I am one of those that like languages, i speak a couple of others, but i got into japanese via anime (obviously hahah) Hopefully i can get some practice in here.! my biggest lack of japanese is my vocab. especially verb vocab, need to get that going!

this place FTW cheers
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The place i have been looking for   The place i have been looking for EmptyFri May 14, 2010 9:27 pm

Awesome. I hope this is a place where you can practice and enjoy yourself then. Smile
Have you heard of / used Anki? It's really good for improving your vocab.
Back to top Go down
haku

haku

PostSubject: Re: The place i have been looking for   The place i have been looking for EmptyFri May 14, 2010 11:04 pm

Come to class. The republic needs you
Back to top Go down
jiten

jiten

PostSubject: Re: The place i have been looking for   The place i have been looking for EmptySat May 15, 2010 1:44 am

hey, when does uct have the japanese lessons?, and which forum do they discuss anime and manga on?
Back to top Go down
haku

haku

PostSubject: Re: The place i have been looking for   The place i have been looking for EmptySat May 15, 2010 10:04 pm

UCT normally has Japanese classes on Wednesdays at 1 pm. The UCT anime/Japanese forum is www.genshiken.uct.ac.za
Back to top Go down
The|Ninja

PostSubject: Re: The place i have been looking for   The place i have been looking for EmptyMon May 17, 2010 9:21 am

Admin wrote:
Awesome. I hope this is a place where you can practice and enjoy yourself then. Smile
Have you heard of / used Anki? It's really good for improving your vocab.

no i have not heard of anki, i have then it means i have forgotten. What/where is it?
Back to top Go down
mikade

mikade

PostSubject: Re: The place i have been looking for   The place i have been looking for EmptyMon May 17, 2010 5:17 pm

Anki is a flashcard program that uses spaced-repetition, like smart.fm or mnemosyne to optimize your learning experience. You can download the program, however, which means that you don't have to wait for the server to load each item. You can also completely customize the items and the way you're studying. Aaaaand if its media you wanta ala smart.fm, there are plug-ins that allow you to actually download all the smart.fm material in anki format. If you decide to use it, you'll probably also want to download Japanese Support for Anki itself.
Back to top Go down
The|Ninja

PostSubject: Re: The place i have been looking for   The place i have been looking for EmptyMon May 17, 2010 5:23 pm

SHOT MIKADE!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The place i have been looking for   The place i have been looking for Empty

Back to top Go down

The place i have been looking for
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cape Town Japanese :: General :: ようこそ!Welcome!-
Jump to: