Cape Town Japanese
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cape Town Japanese

A community forum devoted to the study of the Japanese Language.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Greetings!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ステュ

Greetings! Empty
PostSubject: Greetings!   Greetings! EmptyTue May 18, 2010 5:41 pm

はじめまして。
In hindsight it was a bad idea to make my nick what it is... does anyone know how to type the small ュ character?

Some of you will know me as Stuart from the beginner's classes.

I like studying japanese bounce , watching movies (incl. kung fu, occasional animé), sometimes playing guitar, listening to music... usual stuff. Hiking, gym and touristy stuff.

Ummm yeah.
Back to top Go down
mikade

mikade

Greetings! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings!   Greetings! EmptyTue May 18, 2010 6:02 pm

Ello. cat

Welcome to the boards. We like studying Japanese, too. Razz You should try your hand at shiritori or let us know what you're doing right now in the Japanese Chat page.

Oh! And to type a small ュ character, or any of the vowels and compound character halves, just type x on your keyboard and then the character. For example, xa xai xu xe xo changes あいうえお into ぁぃぅぇぉ and やゆよ into ゃゅょ.

edit: And typing "du" gives you a づ. Which is a helpful thing to know when you're using smart.fm and it asks you to type つづける in diction, while you're being timed, and you keep trying and making mistakes and thus lowering your proficiency score. Aaaaaah my tragic life!!!!!! Sad Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
haku

haku

Greetings! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings!   Greetings! EmptyTue May 18, 2010 6:07 pm

mikade wrote:
Ello. cat

Welcome to the boards. We like studying Japanese, too. Razz You should try your hand at shiritori or let us know what you're doing right now in the Japanese Chat page.

Oh! And to type a small ュ character, or any of the vowels and compound character halves, just type x on your keyboard and then the character. For example, xa xai xu xe xo changes あいうえお into ぁぃぅぇぉ and やゆよ into ゃゅょ.

edit: And typing "du" gives you a づ. Which is a helpful thing to know when you're using smart.fm and it asks you to type つづける in diction, while you're being timed, and you keep trying and making mistakes and thus lowering your proficiency score. Aaaaaah my tragic life!!!!!! Sad Crying or Very sad

I did not know that...
Back to top Go down
ステュ

Greetings! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings!   Greetings! EmptyTue May 18, 2010 6:09 pm

Haha, cool thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Greetings! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings!   Greetings! EmptyTue May 18, 2010 7:43 pm

ステュさん, I read your post in Beginner's Chat. Have you heard of rikaichan? If you haven't, I think it could help you a lot.
Back to top Go down
ステュ

Greetings! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings!   Greetings! EmptySun May 23, 2010 8:44 am

Hi, yes i actually have it installed... forgot about it Smile
Back to top Go down
mikade

mikade

Greetings! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings!   Greetings! EmptySun May 23, 2010 11:49 am

It's pretty useful. If there are items of vocab you don't know in the beginner's chat, you can enable rikaichan and then (9/10) find out what they mean. Of course, this won't help with the grammar, but that's why you're taking lessons. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Greetings! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings!   Greetings! Empty

Back to top Go down

Greetings!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cape Town Japanese :: General :: ようこそ!Welcome!-
Jump to: