Cape Town Japanese
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cape Town Japanese

A community forum devoted to the study of the Japanese Language.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sushi Discussion

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
mikade

mikade

Sushi Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Sushi Discussion   Sushi Discussion EmptyFri May 14, 2010 1:46 am

I want to go for sushi again. Just looking at this is making me drool.
Sushi Discussion Sushi-10
Back to top Go down
toranome

toranome

Sushi Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sushi Discussion   Sushi Discussion EmptyFri May 14, 2010 12:53 pm

Right?? Just thinking about it makes me crave >.<
...I'm gona stock up on ingredients to make a batch... mmmm... homemade funky-shaped suuuushiiii
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Sushi Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sushi Discussion   Sushi Discussion EmptyFri May 14, 2010 1:58 pm

Haha, my father makes sushi sometimes and they also come out a bit funky shaped. Very Happy

What do you make and how do you make it? I'd like to try learn how to make my own sushi, too. It's probably pretty hard, but practice makes perfect I guess!
Back to top Go down
ari

ari

Sushi Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sushi Discussion   Sushi Discussion EmptyFri May 14, 2010 4:21 pm

It's not that bad to make...though I've only every made avo ones. No, I lie, I made salmon too but that was from a kit.

Salmon sushi is the BEST! A few weeks ago Foodlovers didn't have any because of the volcanic ash - they use imported salmon - I was depressed Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
mikade

mikade

Sushi Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sushi Discussion   Sushi Discussion EmptyFri May 14, 2010 8:38 pm

Haha, I would be super depressed if I set my heart on eating sushi and went all the way to a restaurant and then they didn't have. Sad

Ah well, I hope there was still something tasty for you to eat. Geez, all this sushi talk REALLY is making me miss it. I don't know what everyone's schedule looks like, but we should try organise to go eat some delicious sushi together after exams, or whenever it becomes it bit quieter.
Back to top Go down
haku

haku

Sushi Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sushi Discussion   Sushi Discussion EmptyFri May 14, 2010 11:25 pm

I'll admit it. The only reason I eat sushi is because of the soy sauce. Otherwise I would just eat chicken or something. Don't hurt me please.
Back to top Go down
ari

ari

Sushi Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sushi Discussion   Sushi Discussion EmptySat May 15, 2010 4:49 pm

haha...no, you should appreciate the taste of sushi without drowning it in soy sauce tongue

Yes, sushi-eating-end-of-exams-celebration-event-thing sounds good Smile (hehe, and you should so call it that!)
Back to top Go down
toranome

toranome

Sushi Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sushi Discussion   Sushi Discussion EmptySat May 15, 2010 7:23 pm

Admin wrote:
What do you make and how do you make it? I'd like to try learn how to make my own sushi, too. It's probably pretty hard, but practice makes perfect I guess!

I've pretty much tried my hand at all the basics.. maki, california, nigiri, sandwiches (which failed miserably Razz).. my favourite's definitely california! First step is getting the ingredients and a makisu to psych you up! Make and experiment with vegetarian sushi before moving onto the fish is what I'd suggest.. nothing sucks more than an expensive flop Shocked . Also feel free to experiment with the contents!

Oh yeah, here --> http://japanesefood.about.com/od/sushiforbeginner/r/sushirice.htm and http://japanesefood.about.com/od/rice/r/steamedrice.htm is where i started out with rice. You'll start to adapt and modify after a bit of practice, for instance, I use more water to make up for the fact that the lid is half-open to stop it from spilling. The rest is very intuitive. Very Happy

Happy sushi-making!
Back to top Go down
ari

ari

Sushi Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sushi Discussion   Sushi Discussion EmptySun May 16, 2010 5:19 pm

ありがとう とらのめさん!Next time I feel like I have the patience to make sushi I'll look that up Smile
Back to top Go down
toranome

toranome

Sushi Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sushi Discussion   Sushi Discussion EmptyMon May 17, 2010 11:18 am

食べたいんですよね~! Razz
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Sushi Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sushi Discussion   Sushi Discussion EmptyTue May 18, 2010 12:49 pm

toranome wrote:
Make and experiment with vegetarian sushi before moving onto the fish is what I'd suggest.. nothing sucks more than an expensive flop Shocked . Also feel free to experiment with the contents!
Oooh, that's good advice. I wouldn't have thought of that! Thanks so much for the description and links. I'll definitely check them out. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
haku

haku

Sushi Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sushi Discussion   Sushi Discussion EmptyTue May 18, 2010 6:01 pm

I want chocolate sushi. Anyone willing to make some for me?
Back to top Go down
ari

ari

Sushi Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sushi Discussion   Sushi Discussion EmptyWed May 19, 2010 11:52 am

Chocolate sushi? Well that could be interesting...but then again, I have seen chocolate pizza so chocolate sushi can be done Smile
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Sushi Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sushi Discussion   Sushi Discussion EmptyWed May 19, 2010 4:18 pm

Chocolate sushi? Suspect
Back to top Go down
mikade

mikade

Sushi Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sushi Discussion   Sushi Discussion EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 7:03 pm

Carey has suggested having a sushi meet-eat-and-greet at Hongs. Topic is up here. Make some noise if you're interested in having some sushi as a group sometime.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sushi Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sushi Discussion   Sushi Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

Sushi Discussion
Page 1 of 1