Cape Town Japanese
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cape Town Japanese

A community forum devoted to the study of the Japanese Language.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What are you watching?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mikade

mikade

What are you watching? Empty
PostSubject: What are you watching?   What are you watching? EmptyMon May 31, 2010 7:21 pm

Noticed we had a manga thread, but no generic anime one.

I finally finished Code Geass. It was a bit convoluted and over the top at times, but I still really enjoyed it. There were a few moments that blew my mind.
plot spoiiler:
Sammus42, our newest member with no posts as far as I can tell, recommended I watch K-ON. I started last night (as a welcome break from the two essays I had to hand in today) and it looks pretty promising. It seems to be about a bunch of girls in highschool that start a band. I haven't watched much of the music-genre, so I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes. Have enjoyed the humor so far, reminds me a tiny bit of Azumanga. bounce

So, what are YOU watching? Are you enjoying it? What are it's good / bad points?
Back to top Go down
Nantalith

Nantalith

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 9:17 am

I very picky about the anime I watch but there are a couple that I do really enjoy and re-watch often. One is Samurai Champloo, it's a fantastic mix of characters, plot and music. The animation is also great and smooth flowing. I also enjoyed Texhnolyze. Last Exile was fun and Scrapped Princess rather cute.

I quite liked to watch anime based of the manga I really liked because I wanted to see the story in action rather than in panels but being such a sticker for canon, even the slightest change or adaptation annoyed me so I stopped. Now I end up reading more than watching.
Back to top Go down
http://nantalith.wordpress.com/
The|Ninja

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 10:19 am

I avoid that by not reading manga! but i check to see whether an ep is filler or not. I have become very picky when watching anime, in the beginning i would watch anything. Now i realise there is also a lot of crap anime out there.

The most long standing anime i watch is Naruto and Bleach. however bleach has become full of fillers of late so i havent watched for a few months.

old school anime that i found to be awesome is basilik, Hunter X Hunter, Kenshin + ova, champloo, hikaru no go, shura no toki.... hmm trying to think of more. oh yes, there is midori no hibi and goldenboy and furi kuri!

these i can rewatch, they are that cool! I havent watched k-on yet. Code geass i enjoyed too, but i havent seen the second season yet!

what else do you guys recommend?>
Back to top Go down
Nantalith

Nantalith

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 10:35 am

Not read manga! I might actually die if I were to never read a manga or comic again.

I enjoyed Basilisk a lot. I also enjoyed RahXephon and Cowboy Bebop. I didn't like Kenshin so much nor HikaGo but I do enjoy the manga and reread it often. I saw some of Midori no Hibi at a convention but am unlikely to seek out the rest. I quite enjoyed Macross Zero and Getbackers is rather funny. Grenadier is also funny.
Back to top Go down
The|Ninja

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 11:27 am

there might be something wrong with me, but i just dont get reading manga!? i find it much more entertaining to watch it!

btw what manga chapter was naruto shippuuden 163 based on? apparently they screwed up the ep a bit
Back to top Go down
Nantalith

Nantalith

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 12:27 pm

Chapter 430.
Back to top Go down
The|Ninja

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 12:33 pm

thanks, i want to read that so that i see what hte manga people are talking about!
Back to top Go down
jiten

jiten

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 12:52 pm

anyone watch school rumble?. try it out if you like comedy.
Back to top Go down
The|Ninja

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 1:53 pm

i also watched school rumble! it was bloody funny! have you seen the second seeason? I havent yet!
Back to top Go down
jiten

jiten

PostSubject: yea. its just as good as the 1st season   What are you watching? EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 12:57 pm

The|Ninja wrote:
i also watched school rumble! it was bloody funny! have you seen the second seeason? I havent yet!
Back to top Go down
mikade

mikade

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 7:18 pm

Finally finished K-ON. It was fun, and the music wasn't half bad, either. Recently, I started watching Bakemonogatari. It's weird. The main female character appears to fight / threaten other people with, um, stationery?
What are you watching? Bakemo10
Back to top Go down
The|Ninja

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 8:43 am

bakemonogatari is good. i have watched the first ep. other new anime that i am currently watching that is good
is katanagatiari and hakuouki shinsengumi kitan. I love sword fighting anime. if there is anything to do with shinsengumi, i watch it.
Back to top Go down
mikade

mikade

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 5:08 am

So you have an interest in the shinsengumi, hey? I can't say that I'm an expert in the matter, but I find it fascinating while watch different anime and consider the varying ways in which the shinsengumi (and even samurai in general) are portrayed. I was surprised, for example, when I went from watching the Kenshin OVAs for the first time to then watching Peace Maker Kurogane.

I've put bakemonogatari on hold for the while and am catching up on my Clannad, now. Hope to finish After Story in the next week. I think I've reached the "turning point" in After Story now where things are suddenly becoming much more serious / emotional. Shame, poor Oozaki. I felt a lump in my throat after I saw him meet up with his father, again pale
Back to top Go down
The|Ninja

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 9:12 am

mikade wrote:
So you have an interest in the shinsengumi, hey? I can't say that I'm an expert in the matter, but I find it fascinating while watch different anime and consider the varying ways in which the shinsengumi (and even samurai in general) are portrayed. I was surprised, for example, when I went from watching the Kenshin OVAs for the first time to then watching Peace Maker Kurogane.

I've put bakemonogatari on hold for the while and am catching up on my Clannad, now. Hope to finish After Story in the next week. I think I've reached the "turning point" in After Story now where things are suddenly becoming much more serious / emotional. Shame, poor Oozaki. I felt a lump in my throat after I saw him meet up with his father, again pale

mikade, I also notices this. it is actually glaringly obvious! one is not entirely sure, whether the shinsengumi were like the gestapo or unfortunate honourable group who found themselves on the losing side. everytime watch something about them, they are either super evil just trying to kill people or they are saints for public safety. who knows? but what is undeniable, is their insane sword skills. they are always badass!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? Empty

Back to top Go down

What are you watching?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cape Town Japanese :: Japanese Media :: Anime & Manga-
Jump to: