Cape Town Japanese
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cape Town Japanese

A community forum devoted to the study of the Japanese Language.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hey! こんにちは!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kareru

Kareru

Hey! こんにちは! Empty
PostSubject: Hey! こんにちは!   Hey! こんにちは! EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 5:09 pm

Hi, my name is カレル, and I'm a nihongoholic I guess.

*everybody* Hi, カレル.

Yeah, my interest in Japanese only really started in the UK when myself and a friend went to go support team Japan in a friendly against England (1-1 draw if interested). Afterwards, we just got along so well with all the other native Japanese fans, since then I have been making it my mission to learn the language and head over to Japan as soon as possible.

I'm also very interested in what Cape Town Nihongo Kai is like. I went to a similar place in London, and we used the exact same books.

Currently, I'm trying to concentrate on my work, but tomorrow's game between Japan and Paraguay is distracting me way too much...

どうぞ よろしく ね?

Last edited by Kareru on Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:20 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : ばかですから。)
Back to top Go down
mikade

mikade

Hey! こんにちは! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey! こんにちは!   Hey! こんにちは! EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 10:27 pm

はじめまして。 どうぞ よろしく。

Hey. Welcome to our small community. It's great to have another newcomer here. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. Very Happy

Got a few questions myself, if you don't mind. Where did you study in UK, and how did you find it? How much / long have you studied Japanese?

Cape Town Nihongo Kai is really fun. I definitely recommend it to anyone interested in studying Japanese. Everyone is really friendly and there are lots of different groups so you can probably find someone around your Japanese level to study with.

Oh, how did you find the forum btw? Are you friends with someone who goes to CTNK, or did you just happen upon the site from japanese.co.za's page?

lol! I'm also excited about tomorrow's game.
がんばって、にほん!
Back to top Go down
Kareru

Kareru

Hey! こんにちは! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey! こんにちは!   Hey! こんにちは! EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 7:59 am

Well, I went to evening classes at Richmond Community College, just outside main London.
We used good ol' Japanese For Busy People, and Basic Kanji 500 (the red book with the cheesy but sweet drawings). Had a Japanese flatmate as well, who really helped a lot.

But, I came back to Cape Town in 2005, and there was to my knowledge just no way to facilitate studying Japanese anymore. (I got up to the first couple of chapters of JFBP2). I think you need to be immersed in the language to stay motivated and to progress. So earlier this year, I rediscover the awesome JFA, I discovered a growing ambition for Japanese in Cape Town, and I dusted off the old text books.

My top priority is now simply to see how fast I can learn Japanese, while balancing a 9-5 etc.
All help from you guys would be deeply appreciated. I want to just refresh all my existing knowledge, then make an appointment with CTNK.

Oh, I was browsing the Japanese Embassy page; then found a link to CTNK, which had a link to this site :-)

TEAM 日本、がんばって下さい!
Back to top Go down
Kareru

Kareru

Hey! こんにちは! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey! こんにちは!   Hey! こんにちは! EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 3:47 pm

Ah yes and the mistake in my title is just a beautiful example of my current level of Japanese.
Back to top Go down
mikade

mikade

Hey! こんにちは! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey! こんにちは!   Hey! こんにちは! EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 8:01 pm

そうですか。

You might actually be in luck. CTNK is quite busy and to be honest newcomers (esp. those working 9-5) sometimes struggle to find slots for when they can attend lessons. That being said, there's a large-ish Saturday group who are just about to finish JFBP 1. I think they're on lesson 29/30. If you go for an interview with Keigo and are able to join them, then you'd be able to pick up on book 2, pretty much where you left off.
Back to top Go down
Kareru

Kareru

Hey! こんにちは! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey! こんにちは!   Hey! こんにちは! EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 8:30 am

Thanks for the advice!
Sounds like providence.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hey! こんにちは! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey! こんにちは!   Hey! こんにちは! Empty

Back to top Go down