Cape Town Japanese
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cape Town Japanese

A community forum devoted to the study of the Japanese Language.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Rikaichan - Japanese to English translator/dictionary plugin for Firefox

Go down 
AuthorMessage
mikade

mikade

Rikaichan - Japanese to English translator/dictionary plugin for Firefox Empty
PostSubject: Rikaichan - Japanese to English translator/dictionary plugin for Firefox   Rikaichan - Japanese to English translator/dictionary plugin for Firefox EmptySun May 09, 2010 1:17 am

Rikaichan is an awesome popup Japanese-English/German/French/Russian dictionary extension for Firefox.

Hover the mouse on top of Japanese words (kanji, hiragana or katakana) to display their translation. A more detailed kanji view shows the character's meaning, on/kun readings, number of strokes and other information.

Features:

* Simple to use, just hover the mouse on top of a Japanese word.
* Automatically de-inflects verbs and adjectives.
* Has an optional toolbar that allows you to manually type the word to lookup.
* Detailed kanji view shows meaning/keyword in English, on/kun readings, and other information.
* Hiragana, katakana and half-width katakana are treated the same making it possible to lookup stylized/emphasized words.

Where to download it:
http://www.polarcloud.com/rikaichan

I installed it and it's working great. Installation is very simple. Just click on the "install" links to install the main extension and the dictionary files for whatever languages you want to translate into. Then, restart firefox, and enable the plugin by selecting "RikaiChan" from the "Tools" menu.

I'm in love with this plugin. It makes things so much easier when you come across words / kanji you don't know. I'd recommend ~everyone~ install it.
Back to top Go down

Rikaichan - Japanese to English translator/dictionary plugin for Firefox
Page 1 of 1